Deltans_Alumni
Deltans_Alumni
Deltans_Alumni
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Delta Epsilon Fraternity And sorority.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» ronn alexis Gade
ARCHITECTURE BECOMING DELTANS? I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 18, 2011 4:14 pm by Admin

» ARCHITECTURE BECOMING DELTANS?
ARCHITECTURE BECOMING DELTANS? I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 11, 2011 6:22 am by vanda

» NEW ZEALAND
ARCHITECTURE BECOMING DELTANS? I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 10, 2011 11:12 pm by Admin

» Ismael G. Cabelin BIRTHDAY
ARCHITECTURE BECOMING DELTANS? I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 10, 2011 8:55 pm by Admin

» COUNT UP TO MILLION VISITS ..
ARCHITECTURE BECOMING DELTANS? I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 05, 2011 1:18 am by Admin

» UPDATE ALUMNI LIST
ARCHITECTURE BECOMING DELTANS? I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 03, 2011 4:26 pm by Admin

» LIST OF ALUMNI
ARCHITECTURE BECOMING DELTANS? I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 02, 2011 9:37 pm by Admin

» Deltans History
ARCHITECTURE BECOMING DELTANS? I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 01, 2011 6:24 pm by Admin

» Your first subject
ARCHITECTURE BECOMING DELTANS? I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 01, 2011 12:41 am by Admin

Gallery
ARCHITECTURE BECOMING DELTANS? Empty
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Forum
Affiliates
free forum

ARCHITECTURE BECOMING DELTANS?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: ARCHITECTURE BECOMING DELTANS?   ARCHITECTURE BECOMING DELTANS? I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 03, 2011 1:01 am

Leo Ligutan
ALEXEY CHU ATSIV: To all brogs and sis: Pwede ba magbulig ha DE iton architecture it kurso?

This is my personal opinion and justification/s: NO, because of the following:

1. Delta Epsilon was originally established as a group of student leaders in support of a founding member who was a candidate for President in the Supreme Student Council of the defunct Divine Word University (DWU). These student leaders were mostly coming from the Department of Engineering (DE). Hence, the Greek letter DELTA and EPSILON which corresponds to the initial of the Department of Engineering.

Our organization is usually associated with engineering students and widely-known as "SOCIETY OF WOULD-BE ENGINEERS". This phrase alone gives honor, dignity and pride to our organization and members as well.

2. We have been in existence for more than forty years (since 1967). It was never the intention of the founding members to include prospective members from other allied professional courses such as architecture; otherwise they would have later changed it to "SOCIETY OF WOULD-BE PROFESSIONALS", an appropriate generic term.

3. Even assuming that we will allow architecture students to become members of Delta Epsilon, this may lead to confusion, division and discrimination. Let us just continue the tradition of leadership, excellence and honor. Let us maintain as an exclusive professional engineering organization because we share common perspective in terms of our studies and professional growth.

4. Lastly, there is no urgent, valid and compelling reason/s that will allow for the entrance of non-engineering students like architecture to become members of the Delta Epsilon Fraternity and Sorority (Society of Would-be Engineers).

This is just my personal opinion. We will appreciate more if you can present the other side of the issue. Thank you.
[i]
Back to top Go down
https://deltansalumni.forumtl.com
vanda

PostSubject: uu    ARCHITECTURE BECOMING DELTANS? I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 11, 2011 6:22 am

Neutral in my opinion, Deltans in history itself started with one goal and that is to gather engg students to become one. so, if architecture will be part of deltans family, the purity of history doesn't mean anything. am i ryt? and just for me, if we accept other courses it's not gonna be DELTAN'S no more. Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down

ARCHITECTURE BECOMING DELTANS?
Page 1 of 1